Facebook has never been one to stay stagnant for too long, and just a few weeks ago, it rolled out a new feature called Facebook Live.
What is Facebook Live, you ask? Well, it’s a live-streaming feature similar to Periscope and Meerkat – with a few key differences, of course.
Facebook Live allows you to broadcast live video straight from your smartphone or tablet. So if you’ve ever wanted to live stream your conference or event, but haven’t had the technology or didn’t know how to use a particular live-streaming app, consider this a game-changer.
Here’s how Facebook Live works:
- Click the “Status” button at the top of the iOS or Android Facebook app
- Click the “Live Broadcast” button (It looks like a head with waves coming out of it)
- Write a short description about what it is you’re live-streaming
- Click “Go Live”
The live stream will then appear on the newsfeeds of all your friends/followers, who will be able to watch and comment as you broadcast.
Pretty cool, right? We think so too! But wait. Here are a few more important things to note:
- Live videos can last up to 90 minutes
- You can make videos exclusive to members of certain groups or events
- You can add tinted filters and drawings to your broadcasts
The best part about Facebook Live? Well, consider this: If you already have a Facebook account and you already have a good number of friends/followers, then you practically already have an audience for your livestream. You just have to convince them to watch. And with some good content and a little promotion, you can easily make that happen!
Has your association used Facebook Live yet? If so, tell us about your experience in the comments below!
And for more tips on utilizing social media, check out our free Social Media Guide here: